- 2021 – Position of Tender Results
- 2021 – Position of Tender Award Periods (Price Escalations)
- 2018 – Position on use of Project Management Firms
- GCAO Statements of Policy (Rev. Jan 2011)
The Ottawa Construction Association – Construction and safety related training.
The Construction Sector Council – Construction Management Courses
These courses are offered through the organization’s E-Learning Center; each course is self paced and is approximately 6 hours in length. These courses have been created for Estimators, Superintendents and Project Managers who must deal effectively and professionally with employees, sub-trades, owners, clients and consultants.
Canadian Construction Association – Gold Seal related courses
The CCA Gold Seal Certification Program is a national certification program for Construction Project Managers, Superintendents, Estimators and Owners’ Project Managers. Certification is based on the candidate’s education, experience and their ability to satisfy the rigorous standards of the program.
Many of the courses outlined in this education bulletin are Gold Seal Accredited.
Algonquin College – Continuing Education Construction Courses
The Infrastructure Health & Safety Association – Safety related courses
The Canadian Green Building Council – LEED related courses
The Canadian Design Build Institute – Design Build related conferences & courses
Project Management Institute – PMP related training
Standard Practice Commitees
The GCAO meets regularly with the larger buyers of construction services in the Greater Ottawa Area to maintain industry dialogue and address concerns raised by our members in an open an collaborative forum.
- City of Ottawa
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- National Capital Commission (NCC)
- Defence Construction Canada (DCC)
- Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions (BGIS)
- Ottawa Community Housing (OCH)
- FrancoACHATS (French School Boards)
- Ottawa Carleton School Board
- Ottawa Catholic School Board
Please contact us if you would like us to meet with another project procurement group including consultants groups to discuss any tendering issues.